Farming News - Sheep Production Show: Live this Saturday
Sheep Production Show: Live this Saturday
- Virtual event to help sheep farming community connect at this challenging time, in place of many cancelled events
- Free talks include CEO of the NSA, Techion, Innovis and sheep farmers’ own success stories
The first Sheep Production Show is set to take place this Saturday. As an all-day digital event, it will provide a long distance peek over the fence at what other sheep farmers are up to, plus what’s happening in the industry.
Ahead of the event, Phil Stocker, Chief Executive of the NSA, said: “I’d encourage any sheep farmer to log in to the Sheep Production Show this Saturday. Whether it’s trade and markets, changing farm support schemes and the phasing out of the BPS, or a host of policy changes, it is all going to mean farmers need to be on top of their game, and prepared to adapt in order to survive in a very different world. I’m really pleased to be involved and I hope I can bring a wealth of experience and views from my work at the National Sheep Association.”
With UK farming events cancelled, including NSA Scotsheep and the Royal Welsh Show, the Sheep Production Show is giving farmers the space and opportunity to still come together and share knowledge. It follows the success of AgriWebb’s ‘Digital Farm Walk’ events in April and May, which attracted over 500 participants from the farming community, and will provide sheep farmers the opportunity to hear from industry leaders and innovators, as well as fellow farmers.
Highlights of the free online event taking place Saturday, 27th June from 10:00am – 3:00pm include:
- A keynote session from Phil Stocker on how to prepare for a different future.
- Eurion Thomas of Techion UK on the evolution of parasite control, Dewi Jones, CEO of Innovis on recording and breeding for important traits in sheep, and Bryn Hughes of Wynnstay on the latest developments in ewe and lamb nutrition.
- Farmers’ success stories in their own words from Sion Williams, owner of Buccleuch and Clare Hill, manager of FAI Farms.
Recordings of all sessions will be made available for those who have registered, allowing you to watch later if you are unable to join any of them.
Campbell Mauchan, UK General Manager at AgriWebb, said: “Our first virtual events proved that, now more than ever, farmers really want to hear how their peers are succeeding, as well as the latest view on trends and innovations shaping the industry. Online speaker sessions like these have grown in popularity in the past three months and we’re delighted to be able to bring together another fantastic mix of speakers.”
The latest in AgriWebb’s series of digital events follows their launch into the UK in April, after an exclusive early adopters program. This included testing, researching and developing for UK farmers’ specific needs, alongside 100 British beef and sheep farmers to ensure AgriWebb’s farm management software more than meets the demands of the UK industry.
Register free for the Sheep Production Show here.
- 10:00: Preparing for a different future
Phil Stocker - Chief Executive, NSA
- 10:40: #WhatTheFEC - why parasite control needs to evolve
Eurion Thomas - Operations Manager, Techion UK
- 11:20: Recording and breeding for important traits in sheep
Dewi Jones - CEO, Innovis
- 12:00: A peek over the fence at Buccleuch
Sion Williams - Owner, Buccleuch
- 12:40: AgriWebb in Action: live demo + customer story
Beth Cambidge - Customer Success Manager, AgriWebb
Clare Hill - Owner, FAI Farms
- 13:20: Ewe and lamb nutrition
Bryn Hughes - Beef and Sheep Expert, Wynnstay
- 14:00: Flock health planning
Phillipa Page - Farm Veterinary Surgeon, Flock Health