Farming News - Applications for McDonalds 2020 Progressive Young Farmers Programme are open
Applications for McDonalds 2020 Progressive Young Farmers Programme are open
Every year McDonalds gives up to nine young farmers the chance to spend 12 months getting to know every part of McDonalds supply chain, usually during their placement year.
They follow products from the farms McDonalds uses, through to restaurants and get the opportunity to work with a number of different suppliers, farmers and stakeholders around the country.
The programme also includes mentoring by a farmer who supplies us with beef, chicken, potatoes, pork, dairy or eggs.
Throughout the placement, Progressive Young Farmers will be expected to undertake specific projects to gain a better understanding of technical efficiency within the supply chain for five months, actively working on farm for a six-month period and spending a month at McDonald’s UK Head Office in London.
The 2020 programme will focus on innovation and the future of the farming sector, including animal welfare, beef sustainability and efficient production, ensuring both commercial and environmental areas are addressed.
Click here to apply.
Applicants should be determined to have a successful career within supply chain or farming and have good interpersonal skills and the ability to use their initiative and think innovatively to find practical solutions.They will have a keen interest in agricultural supply chain, ambition to get some or more experience in practical farming and the ability to work alone as well as part of a team.
- This is a one-year placement with a £17k salary and holiday pay.
- Applications are open from 21st October 2019 to midnight on 1st December 2019.
- Applicants should be full-time undergraduates studying at college or university within the UK or Ireland.
- Applicants must be over 18 years of age with the legal right to work in the UK.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an Assessment Centre on 16th December in East Finchley.